Lola's Reviews > Blue Moon

Blue Moon by J.A. Belfield

Apr 24, 13

bookshelves: e-books-on-kobo, books-that-i-own, got-a-copy-for-review-reviewed
Read from September 13 to 15, 2012

I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

I had some issues with the first book, but decided to give the second book a try because the blurb sounded so interesting. And I am really glad I did, in my opinion this book is much better than the first book. The plot was interesting and fast paced and there were some nice twists and turns.

The focus of this plot is really different than the first book. Instead of focusing on Jem and her getting to know the pack and her werewolf heritage, in this book Jem is integrated in the pack and a new problem arises when Jem has her suspicious of the new girlfriends of two of her pack members. There where twists I didn’t see coming and I liked where the author took the story. The pace of this book is faster too, when I picked up the book I wanted to keep reading.

While parts of the story are still a bit predictable I was also surprised a few times. And those times where moments where I thought “wow I really didn’t see that one coming”. The plot was really interesting and I wanted to keep reading to see what was going to happen.

The characters grow in this book, especially Jem. In this book she really shows her strength. There also is enough action and although I didn’t agree with all of her decisions, I liked her more in this book than in book one. One of the problems I still have with this book is that I didn’t really had a good idea of who the side characters where, I felt like we still don’t know much about their personalities. There were some side character that got more attention in this book, but there are also a few characters that I still don’t have a good idea of who they are.

The world building is build a bit more upon in this book and I liked learning more about this world. I also liked seeing more of the pack and the adventures they faced.

To conclude: I really liked this book, the plot was interesting and fast paced. I liked seeing Jem and the other characters develop and the world being developed more. I am certainly looking forward to reading the next book and there are still two prequels I have to read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Moon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Post We just had a Blue Moon. I think it's our last until 2015?????

Lola lol I think so, I have not much knowledge about blue moons. But I do want to read this book :P, I probably will get a copy for review for a blog tour :)

message 3: by Judith (new)

Judith Post You do great reviews. Lucky author.

Danielle Smiley Can't wait to read this one!!!!

Lola It is so much better than the first book! the plot is better and the pace is faster.