Tasnim's Reviews > Taking Chances

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

4812069
Just purchased this for my Kindle from Amazon UK! People are comparing it to Beautiful Disaster which excites me! Can't wait to get stuck in!!

Edit 5/9/12
I think I'm going to put this on hold for now, and I'll tell you why. The first 50% of the book was amazing. I only started it today and I haven't been able to put it down even once, until now. I'll be honest when that predictable event with Trish happened, I was amazed that Harper couldn't see through her. Was it just obvious to everyone else but her? I immediately knew what was going on so that really annoyed me.

*spoilers ahead*

Then...My favourite character is killed off!!! WTF!! I don't want her to end up with Brandon which she ultimately will end up doing now probably. I DON'T LIKE HIM! So yeah..I'm not happy. And I don't want to continue reading this right now. Who knows when I'll pick it back up, if I ever will that is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Chances.

09/05/2012
60.0% "WTF"
05/20/2013 marked as: couldnt-finish

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ It is very much like it,, at least 50% of the book is

Tasnim Yay! That's good to know :) Thanks :D

Chester same here! After C died I skipped chapters and read the last 5 pages.

Jessica Couldn't agree more! It is definitely no Beautiful Disaster! If you don't finish it you will no regret that decision!!!!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I decided not to read this book because I heard about what happens to C. I can't take it when that happens to characters I get emotionally involved with. I still haven't forgiven the SKINS writers (the &^%&%$) for doing something in particular to Freddie. I still rant about it, so looks like I better not go near this one, or I'll be ranting about someone new.

Tasnim OMG I LOVED Freddie too!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 08, 2012 04:52PM) (new)

Tasnim wrote: "OMG I LOVED Freddie too!!!"

That was the best generation of SKINS for me and they ruined it in the second to last episode. I thought that was totally unnecessary, and bad script writing. They're supposed to be making us happy! Not upset. You should see all the dislikes on Youtube for that episode.

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ AngielovesYA wrote: "I decided not to read this book because I heard about what happens to C. I can't take it when that happens to characters I get emotionally involved with. I still haven't forgiven the SKINS writers ..."

See the UK one, You will hate the writers even more when they kill Tony(Freddie in the USA one)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Akanksha wrote: "AngielovesYA wrote: "I decided not to read this book because I heard about what happens to C. I can't take it when that happens to characters I get emotionally involved with. I still haven't forgiv..."

It was the UK one that I was upset over, I haven't seen the US one.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Hun, I so WISH I had read you're review before I picked up this book. I'm so so disappointed that I pretty much stopped reading after 60% except for skimming the end.

Tasnim Donna that's exactly how I felt! I don't understand why authors think it's a good idea to do that. KMM and Chloe Neil both tried it and it backfired on them too. It's so annoying!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I'm just so frustrated. I wasted a whole day invested in this book just for that one event to happen and everything was taken away. She was with the wrong guy for god sake! I'm really mad over it. LOL

message 13: by Vix (new) - added it

Vix callahan doesnt it just piss you off?

Kristen Rafaelle De vera Omg i know what you feel! I decided to stop reading the book halfway because everything after Chase's death is unforgivable. Harper acted like she hasnt lost chase. After days of mourning shes back to lusting over Brandon! But i love brandon he's a sweet guy and i would love to have a guy like him but the story would have been better if they he didnt end up with Harper and it stayed the way. That way the ending would have been better.

Sorry im not sorry but I hated harper as much as how the writer did this book.

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Kristen Rafaelle wrote: "Omg i know what you feel! I decided to stop reading the book halfway because everything after Chase's death is unforgivable. Harper acted like she hasnt lost chase. After days of mourning shes back..."

I HATED Harper especially after reading the second book. I wanted to stab her like a violent sociopath on loose.