Amanda's Reviews > His Very Own Girl

This review can also be viewed on Book Boudoir

-BEGIN REVIEW-

Llllllllloved it.

-END REVIEW-

OK ok I'm kidding. Well. Mostly, I'm kidding.

His Very Own Girl is the first WWII book I've read. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever read a WWI plotted book either. I'm usually a Victorian or Edwardian era romance reader. I'd never really thought about that before now.

Anyway, it was really fun to see this different world that was so craftily created. Probably one of my favorite parts about the entire book was how detailed it was. I could so easily visualize the scenes and the characters. The flight scenes were fantastic and easy to understand for someone that knows nothing about the technical side of flying. Carrie Lofty did an amazing job with that. It kept my engaged and interested.

The chemistry between Lulu and Joe was easily felt as well. It made me happy that I could feel their desire and intrigue for one another. Lulu's thoughts on keeping men at a distance were easy for me to identify with, even without having been in her particular situation. She was an incredibly strong character, doing history changing things.

Joe, oh Joe. Such a good guy. Gentlemanly, honorable and protective with a touch of uncertainty. He had a rough past that he sometimes seemed to be unable to overcome. I wanted to hug him when he would get into a down in the dumps mood. He was so afraid that his past would turn people away once they learned of it. I did want to shake him at times but even his faults were endearing.

I really loved the differences in Lulu and Joe's personalities but in the things that were important, they seemed to mesh well. There story is really lovely. It's perfect for anyone looking for something a bit different, with strong female characters and dashing men.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Very Own Girl.