Gregory Lamb's Reviews > Sins of the Father

Sins of the Father by R.J.  Palmer

Sep 17, 12

Read from September 12 to 17, 2012

I found reading this story and thinking of how best to provide a useful review to be quite a challenge. Part of the challenge for me was that I normally don't read this genre and the other part was perhaps my personal preference for style and structure. That isn't to say that Palmer doesn't write well either. Had I not liked the writing, I may not have finished reading the story.

The story itself is imaginative and thought provoking. It was easy to keep up with the character development because the author chose some characters who balance well in the story. I liked how the paranormal transcendence of time and space played out along with the revelation of possibilities for understanding autism.

What I had the most difficulty with was the story kicked off well but then there was lots of repetition at the beginning of each chapter up until the introduction of Lucian. I felt that part of the story could have been significantly shorter while still holding all the content. I also had difficulty with the extensive narrative in place of what could have been more dialogue. The dialogue didn't pick up until Aaron and Lena Williams came together about half way into the story. In fact, for me the middle was the best part because there was some excellent dialogue and plenty of drama.

I'm glad I held on and read this intriguing novel. Others who are fans of the genre will probably love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Father.