Shirley's Reviews > Twice Shy

Twice Shy by Patrick Freivald

Sep 28, 2012

bookshelves: received-for-review
Read from September 03 to 21, 2012

I received an ARC of the book for reviewing. After reading first few pages, I was not very sure if I really wanted to go through it but as I continued, things changed. The book surprised me. I personally believe that the zombie concept much like the vampire one, has been exhausted, but the twist that the author brings in, succeeded in keeping my interest to the very end.

Yes, the book needs to be worked on. The flow in the early chapters is off and kind of dragging. At times, I felt that there were details that were not required. These could be removed or rewritten. But it's the author's call. Some proof reading might also be required - punctuation is off in some places, where you don't know if a line is a being said out loud or is only a thought.

As you move ahead, the story picks up the pace and you would not want to put it down. The end blew me away and I was caught in the 'what just happened' moment. I had to reread it to let it sink in.

Overall a refreshing story. Would recommend it to those who like the macabre and horror.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice Shy.