Dale's Reviews > Whispers Under Ground

Whispers Under Ground by Ben Aaronovitch

Sep 03, 12

Being a fan of the first two books I had been waiting for this for quite a while, and got it on my kindle the day it was released. And I wasn't disappointed.

One thing I like is that the author hasn't gone down the route many have gone down in this type of book and made the hero of the stories, Peter, some over powered prodigy that is OMG so much more powerful than everyone else. He is reassuringly normal, if you can say someone who can do magic normal. He is still a novice, and finds himself flying by the seat of his pants more than a few times.

I also like that Lesley featured more as well. Again, i like the fact there hasn't been some convenient magical solution to the scarring from her injuries in the first book which again I have seen done in other books. It makes her an interesting character, and leads to some good interaction between her and Peter.

The plot is good and well written, there were no slow patches, and I read the whole thing in 2 days and now have to wait for the next one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers Under Ground.