Behaviorbabe's Reviews > Toilet Training in Less Than a Day

Toilet Training in Less Than a Day by Nathan H. Azrin

Sep 03, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Toilet Training in Less Than a Day.

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan This is a really, really old book....I read it decades ago. Is there a new version?

PS: In real life, in my experience with two daughters, this doesn't work. A child has to be exactly developmentally ready and we don't know exactly when that is.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Susan wrote: "This is a really, really old book....I read it decades ago. Is there a new version?

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen This is a top shelf book for me. Although, it is might not happen in a day, it sure has influenced my toilet teaching programs for 4 and 5 year olds who are still struggling with the task.

message 4: by Behaviorbabe (last edited Sep 08, 2012 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Behaviorbabe I have successfully used techniques in this book, individually tailored, as needed, to train and help families’ toilet train, dozens of children. It is true that children need to have prerequisite skills before they can perform some of the specific behaviors. But to say that children have to be "developmentally ready" implies that we should wait until that happens and as Susan pointed out "we don't know exactly when that is". I fear that if we wait until children are “ready”, we will end up with far too many 22 year olds (unnecessarily) in diapers. In my experiences, I have found the advice in this (Azrin and Foxx) book to be extremely helpful when targeting toilet training.