Nick Turner's Reviews > The Enchanted Truth

The Enchanted Truth by Kym Petrie

M_50x66
Sep 03, 12

bookshelves: deep, fairytale, fun

Laugh-out-loud funny modern fairy-tale. A Princess is helped by a Fairy Godmother to come to terms with the frustrations of life. There are one or two editing issues in this advance review copy.

The manic need for alliteration can have perverse results. Being unfamiliar with the term "pollywog pal" I ignorantly feared the worst, but it is a dictionary word with an innocent meaning clear in the context. An appealing feature of some e-readers (hence e-books) is the convenience of consulting a built-in dictionary.

When you give a personal gift to someone dear (the author reports that this story was a gift to a lonely friend) the love makes it glow, even if it's a shabby old frog. But when the author gives this "gift" to everyone, the love is spread too thin to make it shiny. I smiled during the first ten pages, after that it seemed overlong and not much happened.

Amusing pun (my italics).
There were many times the content of her notes came to mind... and often.. she realized there were additions to be made. Her wobbly bauble had grown considerably: his weathered skin now stretched to its limit as he held an ever-expanding slate of the Princess's considerations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchanted Truth.