Aine Massie's Reviews > The Good Fight

The Good Fight by Andrew  Grey

Sep 02, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read in September, 2012

The Good Fight is the story of Jerry, an IT geek (a most loving description I assure you), and John, a Native American man that is fighting for his niece and nephew.

The Good Fight is told in 1st POV, which I love! There is so much to this story that I don’t know where to start, lol. Jerry is convinced to hire new employees to help him with his IT company and meets John – sparks fly. But, Jerry works hard to be a good boss and not overstep until John decides to push. John has a problem though, he’s fighting to gain custody of his sister’s children. She was killed in an accident and social services stepped in before he could get to where she lived. Months later, every hoop jumped, he is still sans kids and loosing hope of ever getting them back. John steps up to the plate, even before they are truly involved, to help. As you will see in the excerpt below, he’s just that kind of guy.

I loved watching John and Jerry grow as a couple. John is the perfect match for Jerry in so many ways. And the sex? H O T! I love John’s take control attitude in bed is portrayed and how Jerry reacts – every time.

The Good Fight is also a story of overcoming and being willing to stand up for what’s right, even in the face of government corruption and bigoted hate. I have to give Andrew kudos for the amount of research that went into this story as the way John is treated and the kids effectively kidnapped by SS (social services) is a reality for many good, descent people that are either the wrong race, religion, etc . . .

Make me cry, make me pant, and make me think, all in one story! I cannot say enough about The Good Fight – a simply wonderful read. The characters are so real you feel you know them, the writing is superb, and the story itself . . . heartrending yet inspiring. If you love M/M Romance this is your book, just remember the tissues as the kids will steal your heart. A truly excellent read!

*Author provided eARC in exchange for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Fight.