Jay Michael's Reviews > Wicked: Witch & Curse

Wicked by Nancy Holder

Sep 03, 12

Read in October, 2008

Refreshing. The only wold that can come to mind to this book. I did quite enjoy this book for several reasons, the main being it revolved around witches. The societal values between the Deveraux and the Cahors seemed too--Romeo and Juliet. The quarrels and the blasphemy between these families is based purely on GREED and POWER, not whats good and bad. Neither family showed a sense of justice.

Preceding to present day, there are many scenes that leave question marks riddled inside my head. I don't know whether to believe any of the characters. They were, nonetheless, very well created. Although, most of the sub-characters lacked personality in most cases. Some characters seem to mend and elude to other main characters within the stories. On that note, they should have created more depth to the main characters.

My mind did not know whether to enjoy it or put it down. The only parts that really kept me going, naturally, were the poem incantations at the beginning of the chapter. If you are looking for a good read that is a fast one, this is a major contender. Though, if you are looking for a book that has suspense and is wonderful, I would move on and choose another.

I have completed all books and have to say that I am not pleased with the outcome!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked.