Staphany Ramirez's Reviews > Are You My Mother?

Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman

U 50x66
Sep 02, 12

liked it

"Are You My Mother?" is a book that is about a baby chick's challenge to figure out who his mother is. In the beginning his mother flew to look for some food, the mother thinking when her baby chick is born, he'll want food to eat. Well the baby chick automatically think he is in the world alone without a mother, so his mission is to find his mother. This newborn is very smart in my opinion, he already knows that he has to have a mother, He has no idea how his mother looks or anything but he accepts the challenge. During his journey he stumbles upon a kitten, a dog, a cow, a plane and a car. This is where the title comes into play, he asks them all including the objects, "Are you my mother?" and all the responds fall in the same category with, "No." In the end he ends up reuniting himself with his mother. This book has a lot of repetition which is good for first graders and kindergarteners. I personally would read this to my students because many can relate to this story if you don't have a mother or if you are adopted, or any situations of that matter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You My Mother?.