Laura's Reviews > Black Bird, Vol. 03

Black Bird, Vol. 03 by Kanoko Sakurakōji

Jul 13, 15

bookshelves: manga, shojo
Read on August 31, 2012

I’ve been enjoying Black Bird, but it hasn’t managed to become a favorite yet. This volume the story developed a little more, but also had the same formula of Misao getting captured or threatened and Kyo saving her. If there’s anything that really bothers me it’s the cover. Misao just looks like she’s in pain or about to cry on all the covers and that’s sort of annoying.

Things were set up in the last volume for Misao to start worrying about what being a demon’s bride will mean. She may have to leave her friends and family. She pretty much got over it. Of course, that means there needs to be a new conflict (aside from Misao being tricked). They find out that Kyo will have to do something that hurts Misao when she becomes his bride. This wasn’t really explained well. I’m hoping there will be more about it in the next volume because I don’t want this to turn confusing. I’ve been enjoying Kyo as a character much more since he’s started showing Misao how much he really cares. Next, I’m hoping to find out more about the prophecy that explains what will happen when Misao and Kyo are wed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Bird, Vol. 03.