AnandaTashie's Reviews > The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Sep 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012

"There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark's Eve, Blue. Either you're his true love," Neeve said, "or you killed him."

And that launches us into quirky Blue's new world of prep school boys, ley lines, adventure and magic, avoidance of first kisses. The plot captured me, moved at a good pace, progressed, left a whole lot open for the rest of the series. The writing? Stunning. It really allowed the world and the people to come to life, keep me up past my bedtime, bury into my psyche. So, yeah, very much enjoyed.

This is one I pre-ordered and I'm definitely happy it's part of my collection. I'll pre-order its sequel in a year too.

"Not a little read, but bright red, sunset red, red as a dream. Like there has never been any other color. "I don't understand," Blue said. Something in her ached, though, like she did understand, but couldn't put words to it, wrap her thoughts around it. She felt like she was a part of a dream this place was having, or it was a part of a dream of hers."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven Boys.