Page (One Book At A Time)'s Reviews > Shades of Earth

1812013
Jan 20, 13

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from December 28 to 29, 2012

Wow, this book had a lot riding on it. Up to this point I really felt that the author did a fantastic job of describing what life might be like on this ship that was destined for a far off planet. I was hoping that realistic feel would spill over into life on the new planet.

I know that when they left the ship, life on the new planet might not be all the people had dreamed of. But part of me wondered if there was a deeper conspiracy in place and the surface of the planet might not be as bad as everybody had feared. But, where's the story in that? Honestly, I think it might have been worse. They have to crash land on the way day. Elder is convinced it was actually an attack on the shuttle. The pterodactyl birds are terrifying. And there's something much darker and sinister lurking in the shadows. Whatever it is begins picking them off one by one.

I was a little frustrated with Amy at first. I understood her desire to unfreeze her parents, and her unshakeable belief that all the frozens would be helpful. She never stops to think how they might react to the shipborns, or how the shipborns might react to them. In a do or die situation, tensions are always higher. It takes some tragic events for both sides to realize that neither side holds the answer and the best way to solve anything is to work together.

I really loved the idea of what was really going on in the planet. Once the pieces started to fall into places, it completely made sense to me. I was amazed at how deep the conspiracy went and how far everyone was willing to go to protect it. I was also intrigued with how much it connected back to Phydus.

As satisfying end to a series that I am so glad I read. It was so much better than I expected!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Earth.

12/29/2012 page 369