Megan's Reviews > The Lorax

The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

Sep 02, 12

Read in September, 2012

"The Lorax" is about a place that was once lush with trees and life until greedy men came in and chopped down all the trees to make materials for profit. The Lorax was the speaker for the tree's and he begged the men to stop cutting down all the trees but they would not listen. One by one every animal evacuated the town because either their home had been destroyed or the pollution from the factories ruined their habitat. Many years after the town has been abandoned, a boy came to it and heard the history of the place by the only person left living there. This person told him that nothing would change until people care enough and put in the effort to change it. With this final piece of advice he gave the boy the only remaining tree seed to be planted so that the town had a chance for resurrection.
Being somewhat of an environmentalist myself, I really appreciate the message Dr.Seuss was sending. We need to take care of our environment in order to sustain healthy life for all. We also need to think about the consequences of our actions before it is too late to reverse the effects.Lastly no positive changes will occur until people care enough to be the change they would like to see. This is a great book for early readers because it sends a great message in a creative way. It is written in poetic meters and has very colorful, bright illustrations that capture the readers attention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lorax.