Els's Reviews > Miracle on Regent Street

Miracle on Regent Street by Ali Harris

Nov 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: cute, light-hearted, quirky, romance, rom-com, sweet-book
Read in August, 2012

Okay, I enjoyed this book but at the same time I didn't, it was quirky and fun with an edge that I didn't like. I felt sort of conflicted when I finished it but decided to give it a relatively good score instead of a bad one.
description
Yeah, I'm in a nice mood

So, what was wrong with this book? Well, as much as I love descriptive writing, I hated it in this book. Seriously Ali, I didn't need to know what everyone's outfits looked like down to the stitching work! Don't get me wrong, I love the scene being set and being able to imagine what everything looks like, what I don't like is when the descriptions probably make up half the book. The other thing I didn't like was that Evie was pretending to be Carly for most of the book just to get that guy's attentions, be yourself, if he doesn't like you as you then it's his loss not yours! I also didn't like that she just let everyone walk all over her, I don't mind people being shy and not being able to stand up for themselves but I don't like them to be bland, seriously, everyone has a bit of sass and I wish that Evie had been written to show it.

What I adored was the passion. Yes, Evie had no sass but at least she did believe in something. She wasn't a complete Bella, who does nothing for herself, I hate Bella.. But she had the passion and drive to fight for Hardy's and that's what I really liked about the book. I also adored the other characters, well apart from Carly, I couldn't stand her! I loved Sam in particular, I thought he was sweet and I would've picked him from the start. I loved the ending, it was just what I hoped for and what I wanted for a holiday read, one of those books that makes you a bit warm and fuzzy.
description
n'awwwww

That's all I've got to say about this book really, I hated it but loved it at the same time. I may read another Ali Harris book but if I don't, I really don't mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miracle on Regent Street.