Cam's Reviews > A Witch's Beauty

A Witch's Beauty by Joey W. Hill

Feb 16, 09

Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Hill's writing is beautifully paced and though she's famous for her explicit love scenes the characters in her novels are not 2 dimensional caricatures but have an emotional depth to them, such as this sequel to A Mermaid's Kiss which is an unconventional take on the 'Beauty and the Beast' plotline.

The first thing that differs is that it is the heroine who is scarred, emotionally (being unwanted, abhorred, feared and alone her entire life) and physically -her entire left half betrays her Dark One heritage- dark skin stretched taut, red eyes and a deformed breast whereas the right reveals her for the mermaid she is and which Mina jokingly calls her Venus half; utterly beautiful. Her hero, David the human born angel is perfection himself as all angels are and his resistance to her hateful demeanor shocks her as much as the attraction she feels to him and he to her.

I haven't finished it yet but it was difficult of me to put it aside so as to prolong the pleasure of reading it for the first time. One thing is sure, I have never known the eating of an orange to be so erotic.

This novel is amazing.

What Mina suffered through was cruel and unthinkable as well as what happened to David's sister in his life and his inability to do anything was simply heartbreaking.

---Finished 17 Feb '09

WOW. I just couldn't put it down, sacrifice made by both hero and heroine and a wonderful fitting ending that doesn't cross the boundaries into cheesy land. Mina is the rare type of heroine who stays strong throughout with David her perfect balance- the color of his restored angel wings is an outward manifestation as Mina's Champion, one midnight black and the other pure white.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Witch's Beauty.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Hope You dont mind my asking but are is the heroine a virgin or?