Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)'s Reviews > Angel's Ink

Feb 13, 15

bookshelves: audio-books
Read from June 19 to 25, 2013

Originally posted at The Book NymphoFirst Thought

Gage is yummy! I liked listening to a book from a male character's POV.

Why I Listened

I'm trying to give male narrators another chance and decide to go Angel's Ink since I liked the sample of Michael Urie's narration. I enjoyed Urie's voice for the main character, Gage. His reading and Cage voice reminded me a lot of Kiefer Sutherland but his voices for other characters had me laughing until I go use to them. Gideon sounded like he should be saying "I'm Batman" the way Christian Bale says it and his female voice for Trixie sounded like a stereotype of a gay guy. Then there was the voice for Brox, the troll. He sound like Sylvester Stallone. But as I got into the story the voices worked themselves out and I really came to enjoy the narration.

The Story

Wizards and witches run the world and humans and supes are scared of them.

Gage was taken from his family at the young age of 7 to be trained as a wizard to later drop out, which is unheard of. He's been staying low by running his own tattoo parlor in Low Town. But it's not any tattoo parlor, The Asylum is where you can get ink with a little something extra in it. Gage mixes potions into the ink and you can find yourself with a good luck charm or the cure for cancer.  But that's about all he is allowed to do with his magic, that and self defense. If he does anything more involved than that the wizards will bring him in front of their council and most likely kill him.

As much as Gage tries to stay away from the magic world he gets sucked back in and tries his best to keep himself and his friends safe.

Issue(s) I Had

I had no issues with Angel's Ink . I loved it. It took me a few chapters to get into the narration but I did and I liked Urie voice for all the characters but Trixie.

For those that like a lot of action scenes in their UF you might be a little let down. There's less action and more magic going on.

Will I Continue Series

YES! I already have the next book, Dead Man's Deal on audio.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel's Ink.

06/19/2013 marked as: currently-reading
06/20/2013
5.0% "Male Narrator. Not my usual. One character sounds like "I'm Batman" and the troll sounds like Sly Stone. And Trixie sounds like a stereotype gay man. LOL
But I'm enjoying the narration so far. Believe it or not by my comments."
06/20/2013
10.0% "This freaking audio app is killing me!"
06/20/2013
15.0% "I've heard of OCD vamps before but this is the 1st book I've read/listen that had them. LOL"
06/24/2013
45.0% "Mm... Cage is smexy!!"
06/25/2013 marked as: read