Maria Mercedes The Oracle Reviews's Reviews > The Enchanted Truth

The Enchanted Truth
Author: Kym Petrie
Published: Greenleaf Book Group, August 12, 2012
Length: 40 pages, File Size: 176 KB

In this humorous and insightful tale, a modern day princess finds herself single and asking for magical intervention to change her sorry love life. Rather than casting a spell to bring Prince Charming to her rescue, a savvy fairy godmother gives the tenderhearted damsel an unexpected gift. By entrusting her true thoughts and desires to an unlikely confidant, the young royal soon discovers that the person who could make her life everything she dreamed it would be has been with her all along.
As author Kym Petrie herself realized, every woman needs a froggy friend and a secret journal—and enough adventures with the girls to keep her heart pounding and her mind racing. Life is meant to be about happy beginnings . . . you can never have enough of them.
This gift book is a cute story and modern fairytale. What little girl doesn’t grow up dreaming about Prince Charming, a knight on a white horse or a frog turned prince with a kiss. As we grow up, reality slaps us in the face, letting us know that men like that simply don’t exist, men are human, therefore they are faulted and our grand expectations suddenly seem unreasonable.
This fairytale shows girls of all ages that they carry the power within themselves; they need not rely on a “Prince” to rescue them or take care of them. Kym Petrie hits the nail on the head when she says that we are our own Prince Charming. My daughters have grabbed my Kindle and have sat down to read the story and have enjoyed it, even my eleven year old shouted a, “True that”, to Petrie’s inspiring tale.

The Oracle (Maria Mercedes)
All synopsis are supplied by the publishers via Amazon or Goodreads or Barnes & Nobles
The Oracle Reviews: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph... The Oracle Reviews receives books to review via Netgalley. All opinions and reviews are her own.
Tags: Adult Fiction, Gift book, Fairytale
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchanted Truth.