Jillian's Reviews > That Girl Started Her Own Country

That Girl Started Her Own Country by Holy Ghost Writer

Sep 01, 2012

Read in September, 2012

That Girl Started her Own Country is a book you cannot put down after you start reading it. It is a story that plays in modern days, but ties in with another publication from Holy Ghost Writer, The Sultan of Monte Cristo: First Sequel to the Count of Monte Cristo. Both books connect to the original work The Count of Monte Cristo, and they could be seen as a trilogy.

Just as in The Sultan of Monte Cristo: First Sequel to the Count of Monte Cristo, the author makes the characters come to life, in such a way that the reader feels drawn into the story. Besides the characters being all-round developed, the environmental description gives you even more food for the brain to get absorbed into the story. After reading a few pages, you might have the feeling that you have become part of the experiences the main characters undergo.

This book is a fantastic new read for fans of the Count of Monte Cristo, and The Sultan of Monte Cristo. It can be read as a stand-alone book, but I recommend reading all three in a row to make it into the perfect reading experience.

For myself as a long fan of the Monte Cristo stories, I was pleased to see that this book is actually a great read by itself, and for the knowledgeable reader, it is very interesting to make the connections to the original stories. I was happy to get a preview copy of this book, and also was amazed to see this book featured on Yahoo News. I did not know there was such a large audience for Monte Cristo influenced stories out there, but after reading the news item on Yahoo I realized it is not just me who likes these kinds of books.

It has only a few months since I read another book from Holy Ghost Writer, The Sultan of Monte Cristo. When I finished that book, I was looking forward to reading more from this author. You can imagine how pleased I was when I realised another book was about to be released.

I can only but recommend this book to anyone who really enjoyed reading the original Monte Cristo. You might become like myself a lifetime fan of Holy Ghost Writer.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Girl Started Her Own Country.