Anne's Reviews > Personal Injuries

Personal Injuries by Scott Turow

Oct 12, 2010

did not like it
Read from September 04 to October 12, 2010

After enjoying Presumed Innocent and Innocent, I thought I'd go back and read some of Turow's earlier works. Personal Injuries starts with a lawyer caught in the midst of a judicial bribery scheme. Caught in the cross-hairs of the justice department, Robbie Feaver, agrees to wear a wire and participate in an undercover scheme to bring down the corrupt judges. While I don't like these lawyer mysteries that take place entirely in the courtroom - I do like a little legal drama - which this book did not have at all. I found the entire covert operation a bit repetitive at times - and the main character was supposed to be some sort of ladies man, but came across on the paper as kind of a pathetic loser. Several of the other characters were also one dimensional, despite Turow's blantant attempts to make them different or interesting. I'm glad this wasn't my first experience with Turow, or I'd probably stop reading him, but given that I know I've enjoyed a couple of his other novels, as well as his non-fiction, I am going to chalk this one up as a bad apple, and keep plowing through the rest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Personal Injuries.