Karla's Reviews > Are We Dead Yet?: One Zombie Family's Journey To Personal Fulfillment

Are We Dead Yet? by M. Dee Dubroff

Sep 01, 12

bookshelves: zombehs
Read on September 01, 2012

This was a quirky little nugget (less than 40 pages) that reads like an infosheet for those wanting to understand the zombie immigrant experience. The humor is very dry and wry, not the haha sort but the happy smile kind. The majority of the book consists of entries about certain things zombies encounter in their life in The New Country. For instance:

Tomatoes are attractive because zombies love the color red, but beyond that, squishy with seeds is not palatable to zombie mouths and beta carotene is just an insipid promise.

It wasn't a knee-slapper of a book, but it didn't overstay its welcome and it kept me entertained on either side of a very long and pleasant afternoon nap.
4 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are We Dead Yet?.

message 1: by TJ (new)

TJ Sometimes your shorts are just as enjoyable as your rants, Karla! :)

Karla When I'm typing on my tablet, I have to keep it short because it takes me so long. :P

message 3: by TJ (new)

TJ I'm thinking you have something there. I have been holding on to the dream of writing long and profound reviews, with no patience to do it on the pad, leaving a mountain of undones!

Karla I didn't want to spring extra for the keyboard for it, but one day I might cave. I'm all thumbs on that touch pad. Ugh.