Shonna's Reviews > North of Need

North of Need by Laura Kaye

Sep 01, 12

The guilt she felt from her husband John’s death, weighs on Megan’s heart with overwhelming pain during the Christmas holiday. As she cried alone with her memories, a plea to the gods from John’s soul could not be ignored. He asked for happiness to find his widow, for this was all he needed to find peace. Yet, allowing herself to move forward and embrace a new life while letting go of the agonizing past is a challenge that Megan finds is full of emotion and new feeling.
As one of the gods of winter, Owen Winters agrees to embark on a journey that leads him on a path to find something he never thought possible. Being an element god of the cold, the true warmth of love that Megan filled his heart with, bring him to life in ways he never could have imagined.
Fighting the rising temperatures, Owen has but just a few days to prove his love for her is true and convince Megan to let him into her heart before their chance for happiness is lost with the heat of the sun and the coming of spring.

The only thing I regret about this book is that I didn’t read it sooner. The first word that comes to mind to describe Laura Kaye’s writing in this story is EMOTIONAL. She brings out the deep soulful feelings, through her words, that her characters have in such a way that you truly understand and become completely absorbed in this book. She had me crying tears within the first ten minutes of reading. A captivating, passionate, glowing love story that won’t leave your thoughts just because you turned the last page. From now on, every time I eat ice cream, I will think of this yummy read. Why? Get your copy and find out! I can not wait to get started on the next installment, WEST OF WANT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read North of Need.