Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Stained

Stained by Ella James

Sep 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012-must-reads, blog-tour-review
Read in August, 2012

First I have to say that when I first saw the cover for this book I was interested. It is a simple cover but it really does pull the reader in right from the start.It's haunting but at the same time your wondering what the girl is staring at. The night is gloomy and dark and the clouds are raging and it leaves you wondering and asking the question what happened? Ella James has written an incredible story and added twists and turns that will leave the reader wanting more. I know when I started reading it I could not put it down and when I got to the end I said OMG what the heck I need book two like right now no not right now but like two seconds ago.

Julia is a haunted girl living her life in foster home after foster home. Trouble always seems to find her and she is not sure why that is. She knows shes different from others by why are these strange things happening to her and what can she do about it? The last straw for Julia is when someone burns down her current foster home and everyone in the house dies except her. After the fire she decides to run and hide until she can figure out what is going on. She finds an old building to hid in and while she is there she hears this fighting going on so when she goes to see what it is she sees two guys fighting to the death. One guy is injured and she heals him.

Once the stranger is healed we start to find out what Julia is and who the stranger is. The stranger wants to help Julia and they begin on this journey to find out the truth. But the stranger who we find out is Cayne really knows what and who Julia is. They will have to fight the bad guys and uncover lies, secrets and half truths in order to survive. Julia will also have to decide what to do about her feelings for this stranger. Love never really crossed her mind before but as the two get closer so does her feelings for him and she will have to decide what to do with them.

Julia will have to uncover who she is and what she is destined to do. Will she be able to discover the truth before it is to late? Will she open her heart to Cayne after losing everything she has ever loved? Will Cayne tell her the truth before it is to late? What will Sam do after the dust settles and truth is revealed? Come along for the best paranormal read I have read in the longest time! Ella you rock and I can't wait to read book two in your series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stained.