Aisha Oaktree's Reviews > Savage Hunger

Savage Hunger by Terry Spear

Sep 01, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reviews, fiction, paranormal-romance, read-in-2012, netgalley-reviews
Read from August 30 to September 02, 2012 — I own a copy

Originally Posted: here

This was an awesome read. Shifters, love, action, drug lords, exotic locales why yes, yes this sounds like a book I would love. And, of course I did. Conner reacts to a woman in distress in the jungle he and his sister Maya are vacationing in; in doing so he changes his life forever. Caught in the cross-hairs of a dangerous mission gone wrong, Kathleen is glad to have the help. Saving her life, and letting her go when backup arrives, Conner can't get the lovely woman out of his mind, and Kathleen *called Kat in most of the story* can't forget the man who rescued her, she makes the journey back to the jungle to thank him. And of course, life and a meddlesome sister inter-veins the two can't seem to get enough of each other, but Conner is resistant because Kat isn't like him, but he can't resist the woman he couldn't forget; he makes a decision and then the dangerous men enter into the jungle and boom, the story really kicks off.

I thoroughly enjoyed the journey the trio takes. The budding romance, the building of a great friendship with Kat and Maya. I loved that Kat took life in stride she faced the challenges and wasn't stupid then again she is or was an Army servicewoman so she's more than capable. There are moments where the trio really gets close to not coming out the winners, and the ways they get out of the potential disasters makes for a fun read.

I loved the romance between the two and how well written they were, Terri didn't try to make them more than they were and they came through as genuine characters who were on their way to falling love. Neither character was a caricature of a perfect human being, nor were they perfect supernatural beings either; they had depth and issues that made them perfect together. I loved that the romantic sexy scenes the author made it about them and not about writing the Kama Sutra which made the love scenes, sometimes fun, sometimes sweet & sexy. The waterfall scenes?? Yeah, I need a waterfall like now!!!

My only issue with the book was the insistence of Conner in calling them his "harem".. ummm pause... one is your sister dude, it's one thing if others think that it's another for you to think it in your own monologue. I could also take issue with the way the South Americans are painted within the book, but this is a romance not a political treatise.

I would have loved to see more from Maya but I'm guessing this is a first in the series, which would mean that Maya is getting her own book, and I want to know about Wade Patterson as well. This is a definite must read, and the cover is totally awesome *truth I had no idea what the book was about when i requested it, but the cover sure sold it*. A five star, burn rubber, must add to the To Be Read/Lust List book for sure.

Happy Reading

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savage Hunger.

09/02/2012
91.0% "this book is everything awesome"
09/02/2012
91.0% "i can't wait to read wade and maya's story this was awesome."