Adriana's Reviews > Out of the Ashes

Out of the Ashes by Olivia Duncan Craig
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
6561687
's review
Mar 04, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, male-male, b-i-n-g-o, abuse-bullying-rape-or-violence
Read in March, 2013

2.5

I really, really wanted this!! But this was not good, maybe it was the writing or maybe it was me, but I didn't like the MC's and the story was just boring.
The 2.5 star rating is because I read it all and it was exactly what the blurb promised… too bad I expected more.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Ashes.
Sign In »

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-11 of 11) </span> <span class="smallText">(11 new)</span>

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica / V (new)

Veronica /  V Me too!!! but I can't find it anywhere to buy it apart form Amazon, and I want it as a PDF file :(


Adriana Veronica / V wrote: "Me too!!! but I can't find it anywhere to buy it apart form Amazon, and I want it as a PDF file :("

I actually saw the book when you added it!
And yes, I checked on her page and she is only selling the book on Amazon so far.


message 3: by Em (new)

Em ooh ! I love a Prince Charming story, just got to have it too ! Veronca, can't you buy it then convert to a PDF? Just a thought :D


message 4: by Veronica / V (new)

Veronica /  V Foolish wrote: "ooh ! I love a Prince Charming story, just got to have it too ! Veronca, can't you buy it then convert to a PDF? Just a thought :D"

Usually I do that darling, but sometimes Amazon has a lock on it and you can't convert it, and there are so naughty that you can only find out if it has a lock or not, only after you buy it :(


message 5: by Em (new)

Em God I haven't come across that !! Good luck with finding it then :(


message 6: by Veronica / V (new)

Veronica /  V Foolish wrote: "God I haven't come across that !! Good luck with finding it then :("

Thank you :)


Chris I think she does the thing where you publish the book through Amazon, then can't publish it anywhere else (Smashwords, ARe, etc) for 2-3 months.

If you want to purchase it from Amazon and then try removing the DRM so you can convert it to your preferred format (not legal in the US...), you can get info on how to do that here:
http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/20...

I'm lazy, so I just bide my time and wait until the book's available elsewhere. :)


Adriana Chris wrote: "I'm lazy, so I just bide my time and wait until the book's available elsewhere. :)"

Me too, I like my books on .pdf and I just wait, unless the book is something I really really NEED to have, then I get them from Amazon.


message 9: by Veronica / V (last edited Sep 02, 2012 05:23PM) (new)

Veronica /  V Chris wrote: If you want to purchase it from Amazon and then try removing the DRM so you can convert it to your preferred format (not legal in the US...), you can get info on how to do that here:
http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/20...
."


Thanks Chris,
And this morning I tried to purchase another book from Amazon and it said it is not available in Kindle Fire or Kindle PC, I think is because I'm in Australia grrrrrrr.
I will get this book on Amazon, I just can't wait 2 -3 months.
I hope is ok for Kindle Fire ;)


message 10: by Chris (last edited Mar 04, 2013 07:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chris Well, the program linked above is open source, so no money involved...

But yeah, I've heard that geographical restrictions are completely evil. :(


message 11: by Ayanna (new) - added it

Ayanna I can never get these DRM-remover things to work. It's highly frustrating.


back to top