Read Ng's Reviews > Bowl of Heaven

Nov 10, 12

liked it
bookshelves: science-fiction
Read from November 02 to 10, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I love hard sf.

This is a cross between Ringworld and Rendezvous with Rama. It is just amazing the mind that would come up with this interstellar space adventure. I am intrigued by the world that has been created. What a great way to travel. The hints to the secret origins makes me want to read more. I want the next part.

What I hate about multi part stories is the wait for the next installment. If I knew it was part of a trilogy, I likely would have just waited for the entire story to get written and then started. I am just a bit impatient. My biggest disappointment is this portion of the story is all setup. There is no cliffhanger conclusion. It just ends. Where is the next chapter?

Some trilogies bother me. Why break up a long story into three parts? Just because you don't think a 1200 page book will sell as well as three separate stories seems to me to be unfair. A good first story that morphs itself into a trilogy I can understand and appreciate.

I will be reading this story again, in a few years after the rest of the story is ready.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bowl of Heaven.