JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)'s Reviews > If I Were You

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

5319767
If I Were You has a fantastic plot that is original with Sarah possessing journals of someone she does not know and is trying to find out what happened to her. As she looks more into the disappearance of the journals owner Rebecca, she feels like she is living her life. This is a great start to a trilogy with loving, but also damaged characters. Whom some are just trying to better them selves and leave their tormented past behind them.

Chris is the sexy famous tattoo artist who wears his faded jeans, leather jacket and biker boots to any and all upscale events. His Art is shown in the Art gallery. I found it sexy that he can speak French, Italian and Spanish. He is funny and charming, but is troubled on the inside and at times this does leave him a bit moody. Loved how he donates most of his Art to charity, a children’s hospital. Lisa Renee Jones did an amazing job, slowly peeling away Chris’s layers through out the book.

Mark is the boss of the Art Gallery, who is powerful, controlling and arrogant. Chris and him do not get along, but you feel like they were friends at one time and something or someone got in the middle of them. I look forward to reading more about Chris and Marks past and how they met.

After Sarah’s mother Died, she left her rich father who is powerful and controlling, to be her own person and not what he wanted her to be. Sarah’s father is just like Mark and he brings out the rebel in her. When she is around Mark she becomes a smart mouth but she also finds herself doing what he says. Chris on the other hand makes her laugh and she is relaxed around him.

Lisa Renee Jones knows how to write a sexy hero and tastefully erotic scenes. I love heroes that are jealous, possessive, protective, dirty talker and dominate in the bedroom. Best part is when a hero tells the heroine she is beautiful while naked. A hero is sexy when he grabs the heroine panties and rips them off her. What girl would not want a hero to take off his shirt and put it on her naked body instead of going to get another one. I am a sucker for nibbling on the lips and a hero that presses his forehead against the heroine. But these have to be written well to make me smitten. Kudos to Lisa Renee Jones for creating a hero that is swoon worthy and well written.

Halfway through the book is when the heat really starts. When it starts it never lets up. If I Were You starts off slow, but it did held my attention with the journals and getting a look inside Rebecca’s Life. After the heat sets in I felt like the journals and its plot got put on the back burner.

I only wish it ended different. I new it would be a cliffhanger and love those, but it was not what I expected. It did not make me go “Oh No.” Sometimes I would have to read a paragraph over because I did not know who was talking. It seemed like they were blended together.

I look forward to reading the rest of this series and highly recommend If I Were You.

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Were You.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Great review Capri!

JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog) SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Great review Capri!"

Thanks SueBee.

message 3: by Red Iza (new) - added it

Red Iza What you wrote about the hero convinced me - I may even have drooled a little ;)