Aimee's Reviews > Sultry with a Twist

Sultry with a Twist by Macy Beckett

Sep 01, 2012

Read from August 31 to September 01, 2012

This was a really fun read, June and Luke have incredible chemistry and I loved reading about them. June is smart and ambitious and has worked tirelessly to make her dream happen, opening her own bar. When she is forced to return to her hometown and live with her grandmother, Pru, again at first she is furious but it doesn't take her long to realize what she has been missing in her new life. She finds herself enjoying being in her small town again and enjoys reconnecting with her grandmother. I always enjoy stories about a character returning home after a long time.

Luke is great, he is a good man but definitely has some mischief in him. He never feels he is good enough for June and Beckett does a great job of having Luke and June work out some personal issues before they can be together.

There were not a lot of extra characters or side stories added to the book and I thought that was a good thing. I liked reading about Luke, June, and Pru and did not need to be distracted by other characters. The only other person in the book that was mentioned often was Luke's friend Trey and he was fun and I hope that he will be getting his own book soon. There was one scene between Luke and Trey that had me laughing out loud. It was exactly how I think guys really talk when women are not around.

I would recommend this book to any romance reader. It is an entertaining book with some great characters, steamy love scenes, and a good story line.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sultry with a Twist.