jess's Reviews > Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future for You

Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Brian K. Vaughan

Dec 19, 2008

bookshelves: graphic-novels, whedonverse, 2008
Read in December, 2008

** spoiler alert ** Did I have a choice in loving this collection of four episodes of Buffy's unfinished business, aka "Season 8"? I was holding off on reading this until there were more volumes available - I am the person who would rather watch a tv show on dvd after it's been canceled rather than try to tune in every week. But my kid was like, "Don't we have more Buffy? Isn't there another volume after Long Way Home? Can we go to Danger Room & see if they have volume 2?" So finally I just got it from the public library. And I read it. Yes, I read it before I let him read it. HA!

I know B.K.V. wrote more than Whedon, but it felt effortless to me. Giles & Faith are brilliant. I didn't even miss Buffy while she was busy warming the bench. Dawn's giantness is getting tiresome, but I'm sure she's more sick of it than I am. Willow & Kennedy still feel like such an empty relationship. The volume is adequate to feed an obsession, but wouldn't win any new fans for the Buffyverse. Which is fine by me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buffy the Vampire Slayer.