Patti's Reviews > Palace of Stone

Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale

F 50x66
Aug 31, 12

Read in August, 2012

The sequel to one of my favorite books “Princess Academy” arrived on its release date. It took a couple chapters to refresh the characters, only because their names are so different. After ok, now I remember where we left off in the story, it was time to continue….

I don’t relate the story summary here at all. If you enjoyed Princess Academy, automatically you will want to read the sequel. Besides, neither is a story that you could explain easily. Describe the all-important ‘quarry speech’ clearly without the story line - not easily!

I did LIKE the book, but I didn’t LOVE it like Princess Academy. (It was a 3 1/2 stars for my interest.) It’s more political and engages revolution as an important part of the story line. I was intrigued because of how Miri gets involved and how what she has learned changes the course of events leading to resolution. Also, what Miri learned of herself and her fledgling romantic feelings was beautifully handled, and an important part of the story. Well done, again, Shannon Hale!

Both Princess Academy and Palace of Stone are winners in my recommendations of books for young people, probably 5th grade on up, including adults.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Palace of Stone.