Rachel Harris's Reviews > No Flowers Required

No Flowers Required by Cari Quinn

2098460
Sep 06, 12

bookshelves: 18-and-older, adult-steam, favorite-adult-reads, favorite-love-interest-hotties
Read from August 31 to September 06, 2012 — I own a copy

It’s not much of a secret that I’m a huge Cari Quinn fan—this girl could write a grocery list and I’d read it—so when No Flowers Required went live, I jumped to buy it. And, no surprise here, absolutely freaking loved it.

Ms. Quinn could teach a class on writing engaging characters. Each and every book she writes is filled with people who live and breathe on the page, and have unique vulnerabilities, and strengths. Her heroines are relatable and witty, and her heroes sweep you off your feet…and dang, those boys are sexy as hell as they do it.

Alexa and Dillon, the stars of No Flowers Required, are no exception to the Quinn rule.
I loved how independent Alexa was, but that didn’t define her character. Alexa’s humor shined through her struggles, and her loyalty to her brother, best friend, and former mentor were evident on every single page. And her sense of fashion and keen knowledge of flowers added sparkle and depth to her character.

And Dillon…oh, Dillon. First off, the name just rocks. I had a mad crush on a dude named Dillon in high school (and, to date myself completely, was totally obsessed with Dylan from 90210), so I was a very happy reader with his name choice. And second, the boy is smoking hot. He is protective and strong, good with his hands (yes, I mean this in every way), and has just the right amount of edge without being a true “bad boy” or jerk. Dillon knows how to take care of a woman, and he has the power and ability to do it. Yeah, he totally floated my boat.

The plot kept me interested, the love scenes were sizzling, the banter made me smile, and the return of Jake and Nellie from No Dress Required was icing on the cake.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun, flirty, sexy read with a heroine to root for and a man to fall for.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Flowers Required.

08/31/2012
50.0% "I love this author and this book is so fun! @CariQuinn FTW <3"