Lola's Reviews > The Handler

The Handler by Susan Kaye Quinn

Apr 03, 16

bookshelves: e-books-on-kobo, got-a-copy-for-review-reviewed
Read on April 03, 2016

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed The Handler. It's a short story set in the Mindjack world told from the point of view of Julia who we meet in book 2. It shows how frightening and powerful the mindjackers their powers can be and the start of the mindjack revolution. I liked how we get a better feel of Julia and we get a feel for Julian his handling ability. I thought it was very interesting to hear how his ability work and see it form his point of view and I could visualize pretty well how minds must look for him, it was very well written and described.

The story takes place over a short time span, but quite a lot happens in that time and the most important thing is that we get a feel for Julian, his power and a bit of backstory we don't see in the full length novels. We also see a bit of Anna, Sasha and a character we don't see in the novels. I liked learning how Sasha joined the cause.

To summarize: I really enjoyed this novella, we get a feel for Julian, his mindjack power and the start of the revolution and the why behind it. I felt like we got a good feel for Julian his character in this novella and I feel like we understand him better now and why he is so determined to get this plan of revolution started. We also see Anna and Sasha and understand how they got involved with the movement. And Julian has to make a difficult decision in this novella. I also liked how this novella illustrated how powerful and frightening the mindjack powers are. A great addition to the series!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Handler.

04/03 marked as: to-read