Lynnski's Reviews > Mad River

Mad River by John Sandford

Sep 27, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, 2012
Read from September 23 to 27, 2012

I won a copy of “Mad River” by John Sanford through GoodReads Frist Read program and I am SO glad that I did. I had never read any of Sanford’s books prior but I know I’ll be reading them going forward. I loved it! At times it kept me on the edge of my seat and other times it had me laughing out loud. And you can’t help but love the main character, Virgil Flowers. He is a fantastic cop with honor, compassion and a touch of sarcasm. OK, a lot of sarcasm…but that’s one of the things that I enjoy. I will definitely be reading more of his adventures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad River.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherrie (new) - added it

Sherrie If you liked Virgil, be sure to read the Lucas Davenport series, also--in chronological oreder if you can. Great series.

Christy Woolum I agree with Sherrie... I went back and read the whole Prey series (Lucas Davenport) in order. I am starting the like Virgil Flowers are much. Go back and read his also. The character do intertwine.

message 3: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Me too! started in the middle, then had a head-slap moment and went to Amazon and bought all his books, starting from the first. Best read! My husband loves them, too, as we get book on tape for when we travel together. Enjoy your book.