TheGeekyBlogger's Reviews > The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook: More Than 150 Favorite Southern Recipes

The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook by Sherryl Woods

196094
Aug 31, 2012

Read in August, 2012

Cooked for Review
Overall Rating: 5.00
# of Recipes Rating: 5.00
Ease of Recipe Rating: 5.00

First Thought after Trying: The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook is full of fun recipes with a Southern Twist. As a southern gal, I can say that I whole-heartily approve!

What type of Recipes: The recipes in The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook run from appetizers to desserts. There is something for almost everyone: sweet, spicy, simple, complicated, alcohol-included, and alcohol not-included. Many of these recipes would be great for family dinners or small gatherings. As a person who cooks for one, I also found that many can be "scaled" to two which was helpful (I use an online site to help me scale recipes).

What cooking level is needed: Many of the recipes in The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook were straight-forward and easy to make. Each recipe was specific about ingredients (97% of them recognizable to most people) and the instructions only called for most things people have in their kitchen. There were a few that were more complicated but they had very detailed step-by-step instruction. I think you could give this book to a cooking novice and they would do great with it.

Favorite Appetizer Recipe: Herb Cheese Spread
Favorite "Dish" Recipe: Caramelized Onion & Bacon Quiche
Favorite Drink Recipe: Mulled Wine Punch
Favorite Dessert Recipe: Warm Walnut Brownie with Hot Fudge Sauce
Special Mention (little complicated by yummy): Pecan-Crusted Chicken Breasts with Pralines & Cream Sauce

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Magnolias Cookbook.