Tizroc's Reviews > Devil Said Bang

Devil Said Bang by Richard Kadrey

U 50x66
Aug 31, 2012

Recommended to Tizroc by: My unbridled additicion to reading. I am a junkie and now have to wait till 2013 for my next fix.
Recommended for: To anyone who has read the previous books in the series.
Read from August 29 to 31, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 2

THIS REVIEW IS FROM THE AUDIOBOOK from AUDIBLE.COM.
Another awesome addition to the sandman Slim series.

Recently Sandman Slim has been left in charge of "Downtown" as the new Satan. Being seen by the fallen Angels (now demons) as the Monkey in charge hasn't left him many friends. His Angelic half is off causing problems back in LA, The Demon hordes want to put the monkey in his place and if it wasn't for the final gift of the Previous Satan (The Magic Armour) he would be dead several times over.

That isn't at the top of Sandman's mind though. He made a promise to girl... Three days in Hell and he would be back. So as the clock strikes three months he is pretty sure he will be returning to an angry girlfriend and what ever else his "Goody Goody version of himself has been up to."... So Stabilize Hell, track down an arrant half Angel with delusions of adequacy and check in on all the other people who have undoubtedly taken advantage of Sandman Slim's absence.

No rest for the wicked, and as always the reward for a job well done is always more work. Sandman cuts a bloody sloth through both the underworld and LA to remind people that he carries (His wussy pistol, his Flaming Sword and a boot he has no problem breaking off in the backsides of those who stand in his way.) Oh, did we mention all the wicked cool Satan powers he inherited? Well, time to say good bye to some backstabbing hell spawn and see about fixing what ever has gone wrong in LA. I mean, let's face it. It's LA!!! SOMETHING must have gone wrong.

As always the book is gritty, and bloody. Sandman takes advice from his great grandfather to choose his battles more carefully. As usual he chooses all of column A and B! Hell, a nephelim has to also keep himself entertained while he kicks ascii and takes names!

This isn't the best in the series, but it reads well if you are caught up on the series. The story doesn't pull punches and there appears to be, as expected no current happy ending for our Dark Assassin Hero.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil Said Bang.