Paula-O's Reviews > The Haven

The Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Sep 03, 12

Read from August 31 to September 01, 2012

2nd book of Stoney Ridge Seasons "The Haven" by Suzanne Woods Fisher

I so enjoyed making contact again with the Lapp family in Stoney Ridge at the Windmill farm. This is the story of Sadie Lapp who has spent the winter in Ohio and is just now returning home without telling anyone-she carries a small basket which carries a surprize that will get her and her family into all kinds of trouble.
Gideon is the schoolteacher of the area now after his sister had accident and couldnt teach-He is sweet on Sadie but is so shy and tongue-tied when she is around it is hard to start his courting days with her...
Things are different now on Windmill farm as there are a pair of nesting falcons that has the whole community in an uproar as they stream to the home to see what all the fuss is about, Will has been sent to watch over the falcons and keep a journal of their becoming parents soon-he is to band them for future watching.
In book #1 "The Beekeeper" we saw Menlo a beloved son die and give his heart to his father who had an ailing one-we saw Julia and the beekeeper form a friendship that led to marriage and they left the farm and moved to Ohio..Stern Fern came to be a housekeeper then and now is a pretty good part of the family-Amos is beginning to know that he feels more for her then "Just a housekeeper".
Sadie will find many chnges at home and she will cause some ruckus with her "surprize".
Come and read all about these wonderful characters that you will soon learn to love.
Will Gideon find some boldness? Can Will who comes for selfish reasons to the farm leave with his heart a little lighter? Truths and lies will unravel as we turn the pages of this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haven.