Sandra (thebooktrend)'s Reviews > Losing Lila

7519010
Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: favorites, paranormal, read-in-2012, reviews
Read from August 31 to September 05, 2012

AH-MAZING! Losing Lila was just as good, if not better, than Hunting Lila. It is a brilliant sequel, and did not disappoint one bit. The psygens are back and totally kicking ass!

My Thoughts:

1. The book jumps in right where we left off and the plot picks up immediately. Lila and Alex are on the run and there are plenty of chasing, hiding, running and shooting...it's madness! There was never a dull moment.
2. Losing Lila is fast-paced, addictive and action-packed. There are quite a few unexpected twists and turns along the way that makes it such a great page turner! The author did an flawless job expertly building suspense, tension and executing plans.
3. All the characters are back and better than ever! Lila's character grows stronger and it's refreshing to see her become more independent. She's truly a lovable, incredible heroine. Demos' gang adds delightful humour to the plot and some heart-warming scenes to the storyline. They are complicated characters each with a personal story for doing what they do.
4. Alex and Lila's chemistry heats up but not without facing some issues along the way. Lila is stubborn and impulsive as always and Alex is strong and capable, he expresses more of his inner struggles in this book. I like that, I find that it makes him a real and relatable character. The author executes perfectly, balancing the romance and action packed plot flawlessly.
5. The ending was perfect. I'm glad it wasn't a cliffhanger because I wouldn't have been able to stand all the suspense. I'm hoping there's another book, preferably one with alternating POVs between Alex and Lila.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Lila.