Lisa's Reviews > Around the World in 80 Dinners: The Ultimate Culinary Adventure

Around the World in 80 Dinners by Cheryl Alters Jamison

Dec 18, 2008

did not like it
Read in December, 2008

I am in the middle of this book. I just finished the Thai chapter and am on to the India chapter but I have to admit that I'm having a hard time finishing this. I don't think I'll make it to the end... which was unexpected when I picked this one up because I love food and travel books. I had high hopes initially but the writing is hard to get get through and there was a lot of detail that I didn't care about and too little story interwoven between meal stops (not to mention the switching back and forth between I and she and we and us and he - maybe they should have gone back and forth in writing chapters from their own point of view).
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Around the World in 80 Dinners.

04/01 marked as: read

Janet The American Airlines story almost put me off the entire book. Annoying. Who cares what they went through for their FREE AIRLINE TRAVEL???

message 2: by Helen (new) - added it

Helen Dunn I'm at exactly the same point in the book and I'm slogging along secretly waiting for the library due date to arrive so I can free myself from continuing. I can't put my finger on why I don't like it....but I really don't.