Amanda Garibay's Reviews > Shark Bait

Shark Bait by Jenn Cooksey

Sep 18, 12

Read from August 30 to September 18, 2012

I need to start this all off with the MC Camie Ramsey: I FREAKING LOVED HER!!!! I adored her way in thinking, and how downright cool and HERSELF she was throughout this book. Being inside of her head never had me bored - not one time. She has this fascination with comparing everything in life to a movie, or a song. She's very sure of what she wants and who she is in this book, and I instantly LOVED this about her. I think what made me giddy through this entire book was to feel her emotions of going through the flirting and trying to get her first crush to be hers.

The male MC of ALL male MCs.... seriously, Tristan might possibly have given Travis Maddox a run for his money in this one. For a high school boy, he had this thirty year old swoonin'! I adored him, and felt like I was back in high school blushing and crushing over the hottest boy in school. Jenn had a FABULOUS way of making him a character that you just love and can't get enough of. Oh, and don't get me started on his parents..... LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I can't say much more about him without ruining things, so just trust me when I tell you that you will fall for him - and you will fall hard.

Kate - Camie's best friend. I wish she was real, because I would bottle her up and keep her as my friend forever. Her boyfriend and Tristan's best friend, Jeff? He had me laughing so much through this book. I could totally connect him as my husband's best friend in high school. I loved Kate and Jeff's relationship through this book as well as his relationship with Tristan. Camie's best friend Kate creates a fun adventure that requires a whole lot of scheming and planning to create one of the funnest, heart grabbing young love stories ever.

Overall this book had me from the very beginning and sucked in all the way to the end. I love young adult books, because they bring me back to that fresh, innocent, young love. Jenn used a great method in the way Camie told her story in this book, and her witty comments and gushing thoughts had me feeling her feelings. The characters in this book were completely believable, and connectable, and their personalities had you turning the pages waiting to see what excitement was going to be happening next.

Camie's sister Jillian.... I would NEVER want to get on this girl's bad side, but she is one of my favorite characters in this book. I want to BE her!

I don't want to give too much away, but I'm going to say this is a MUST READ in my book!!!! ESPECIALLY if you love YA.

Things that will always have me forever smiling:

Whiteboards
Phineas & Ferb
GUM
Jungle Juice
Buffy
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shark Bait.