Mary Catherine's Reviews > Shards and Ashes

Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr

Sep 04, 12

Read from August 30 to September 04, 2012

I really enjoyed some of these short stories, to the point that I'd love to read some other works of the authors. Not all of them were my cup o' tea but that's a normal situation in an anthology such as SHARDS & ASHES.

The dystopian setting has fast become popular and these stories manage to create an entire universe in approximately 30 pages. Talented authors, some incredible stories.

The worst part of this collection is that I'd love to read MORE of some of these worlds. That's not necessarily a bad thought.

Favorites: Branded (Armstrong), Dogsbody (Caine), Pale Rider (Holder), Miasma (Ryan)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shards and Ashes.

08/31/2012 page 38
09/01/2012 page 90
23.0% "Huh. Maybe I should read something else of Kelley Armstrong's. I really liked that."
09/02/2012 page 130
34.0% "That was one I didn't care for. Boo."
09/04/2012 page 276
71.0% "Well damn, that one is just waiting to happen..."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frankie (new) - added it

Frankie I don't know i you regularly read Armstrong, but does it say if the story is part of the otherworld series or standalone.

Mary Catherine Frankie, I can double-check but I'm almost positive it has to do with one of her series bc immediately after I read her short story, I looked up her series. It's a werewolf-based short which I think matches up to her series.

message 3: by Frankie (new) - added it

Frankie It could be otherworld, or part of her new series The Blackwell Pages/loki's wolves.
What were the name of the werewolves, was it Clay, Elena or Jeremy