Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > The Darkest Facts

The Darkest Facts by Gena Showalter

Synopsis:

I, Cronus, King of the Titans, powerful warrior god, defender of the people, hereby command you to read and enjoy this Lords of the Underwold guide. I am not mentioned nearly enough, but that is neither here nor there. What you will find in this guide includes: notes from those vile fools, the Hunters; interviews with the Lords of the Underworld, as organized by that irreverent whelp William the Ever Randy; a candid discussion about the Lords of the Underworld among their women; answers to questions readers have been dying to know; and an intimate look at my very own sacred scrolls.

As I said, you will read and you will enjoy. That is your mission. Nay, your honor. Do not disappoint me. You will not like the results. Just ask Aeron, keeper of the demon of Wrath. Bad things tend to happen.

This Lords of the Underworld guide is also available in the anthology Into the Dark.

My Thoughts:

This was cute. It is in no way necessary for understanding anything about the Lords of the Underworld series.

There's an interview between Showalter and fellow author Kresley Cole which was nice. Then, there were some dossiers on each of the Lords that are a part of that asshole Hunter dude's files. We also got some words from Gena about how the series was birthed along with some chapters from that initial attempt. There were some FAQs and my favorite part, interviews of each of the Lords by William as well as interviews of the women as a group by Gilly. Apparently, there's some interest in William on Gilly's part and possibly some interest in her on his? I never got this impression while reading the books, but those interviews sure make things seem that way.

We then got a glossary of terms and characters and chapter 2 of The Darkest Passion.

All in all, not bad, but not something that absolutely must be read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Facts.

03/31/2013
20.0% "Reading Stefano's dossiers on the Lords is making me dislike him and the Hunters even more. They blame everything on the Lords and demons as those humans would do no wrong if they demons were back in Pandora's box and the Lords were all dead."
03/31/2013
50.0% "William, you seem to be protesting the use of girl in the singular a bit overmuch."
03/31/2013
73.0% "I don't recall noticing anything about William and Gilly being interested in each other in the books I've read so far, so what's with all this mentioning of these two?"