Shawna's Reviews > Mine to Possess

Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh

5 stars – Paranormal Romance

This is yet another terrific read and a beautiful romance in the intriguing Psy-Changeling universe and my second favorite of the series so far. I wondered if/how Singh could possibly top Caressed by Ice, and while that’s still my favorite, this one isn’t that far behind and the series just keeps getting better and better. The writing is superb, the characters are fascinating, well developed, and rich, the world building is captivating, and the romance is emotional, intense, and passionate.

This time around, the spotlight is on Changeling DarkRiver sentinel leopard Clay Bennett and his former childhood mate, human Talin McKade. An extreme act of violence years ago drove Clay and Tally apart, but now children are disappearing from the shelter where Tally is a social-worker and she’s determined to enlist Clay’s help. Clay and Tally have both experienced more sorrow, violence, bloodshed, and loss than anyone should ever have to endure and it’s scarred them both. Now that fate has finally brought them back together, can they finally heal from the pain of the past and find a way to be mates, forever?

Singh really knows how to write broken, emotionally battered characters that find healing, peace, and love through bonds with the destined mates of their hearts/souls, and Mine to Possess is another winner with that same theme. The romance between Clay and Tally is an emotional rollercoaster full of deep passion and it tugs the heartstrings. It’s another fabulous read in an extraordinary, top-notch paranormal, sci-fi/fantasy romance series. 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine to Possess.

08/04/2009 page 1
0.3% "I'm loving this series!"
08/06/2009 page 328
100.0% "My second favorite in the series and another hot one!" 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Shawna! I'm going to go read this now. lol :)

message 2: by Shawna (last edited Aug 14, 2009 06:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna I still need to read book 6, but then book 7 doesn't come out until November...yikes!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It's kind of adouble edge sword when you get caught up with a series. On one hand it feels great to be caught up, but on the other you don't have any more of the series to read for months. And that can lead to depression. :) lol

Dina That's why you have to follow as many series as humanly possible, so you always have a new installment in whatever series to read, LOL.

Shawna It's your reviews of this series that finally had me push it to the top of my stack. I am sooo glad I did. I can't believe I have had it for over a year and didn't read it.

Shawna YAY! I'm glad you loved the series! :)