Guillermo's Reviews > Last to Die

Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen

Sep 04, 2012

liked it
Read from August 30 to September 04, 2012

Somehow I always feel cheated after reading a book in this series. Not matter how smart Jane Rizzoli or Maura Isles is built up, they always fall prey to the most obvious traps. If it's not a drugged drink, then it's someone standing in the corners. You gotta wonder how no one's killed them, yet - well, Maura has died twice already if you're keeping track. This book, however, felt like it was written for a television audience going through withdrawals from lack of episodes on TV. The cover even has the TNT logo stamped on it - what's going on with that?! Or maybe I'm just growing out of my Gerritsen stage. Whatever the case, I need to make the following pleas: Tess, if you're reading this, please consider writing Mephisto Society and the Students of Evensong spin-offs. There's money there, and you know it!

Read the review here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last to Die.

08/31/2012 page 48
14.0% "I think I figured out who Icarus is"
09/02/2012 page 159
45.0% "The book is getting interesting. But it's not like the previous books. Is Gerritsen losing interest?"
09/02/2012 page 197
56.0% "Hmm. I'm beginning to wonder if Maura or Jane will be drugged toward the end of this book and some outside force will save them."
09/02/2012 page 219
62.0% "Enter aliens. I'm now intrigued again."
09/02/2012 page 228
65.0% "Typo. "Wyman leaned forward... " should read Parris..."

Brandi Brown She seems to be setting us up for a Rizzoli/Isles split that could launch into a series on the Mephisto Society, which I think would be an enjoyable transition.