Christina Wilder's Reviews > Death and the Girl Next Door

Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones

Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: to-read, ya

Hrm.

I have to say, sounds interesting. Although when I see "sexy" in a YA I cringe, not because I'm against sex in YA, but because that often translates to "bad boy (read: douchebag) taunts female protagonist and shows off his abs". Yawn.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death and the Girl Next Door.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina Wilder :(

I think it's time to clarify what exactly is "sexy".

message 3: by Brie (new)

Brie I am here to admit that I like my literary douchebags. I'm a shameless lover of the Ab-tastic shitbag bad boy.

Just not in my real life. My literary self is a dumb slut.

message 4: by Jazmin (new)

Jazmin I cannot even with this "Until the day the school's designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her" YAY, it might be time to go throw myself off a roof.

message 5: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina Wilder Jazmin wrote: "I cannot even with this "Until the day the school's designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her" YAY, it might be time to go throw myself off a roof."

AHH. I missed the "s" word.

Why, why, does this keep happening? Stalking is not flattering, dammit. It is a truly horrifying and upsetting experience.

"Designated loner"?

message 6: by Jazmin (last edited Oct 07, 2012 05:55PM) (new)

Jazmin At first, I cackled. Honest to god, because the cover looked as if stock photo-ed. Then I read the summary, and then I got to this Cameron-dude info and decided, that YA is turning into a joke. A sad, horrible joke. But it likes to say "girl power" and "healthy relationships", and then has this stalker info and the girls' best friend is only there to push her towards the love interest. I want these characters to be characters! Not props to further this 'love' that is set to happen.

Also, I agree with the stalking is not flattering, I had a friend who was stalked by the new guy (we were all 13), and he would send her texts and stuff and just be a nuisance. I had it up to a point where I threatened to kick him where the sun don't shine, and replied to a text in a very angry manner. He left her alone and steered clear of the both us. UGH. YA Y U SO BLIND?!