Jane Stewart's Reviews > Devilish Dot

Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: erotic-paranormal-romance, 5-star-erotic-romance
Read in January, 2008

Story Brief:
Dorothy (Dot) invents and sells sex toys. While driving one night in California a storm tosses her car into something which transports her to the planet Khan-Gor. Men with tails capture her. She thinks they plan to eat her like sushi. Vaidd is a gargoyle-human shifter who senses Dot’s presence from miles away. He knows that she is his one true bloodmate. He flies to get to her.

Reviewer’s Opinion:
This is wild, creative, different, and unexpected. I'm amazed that I'm laughing so frequently within an erotic sex story. Dot’s assumptions, thoughts, and comments are hilarious. I love her attitude. The gargoyle creatures speak in a campy older style which just sounds funny. For example: “Do something to distract thyself. Verily, you are driving the pack daft with the pacing.” After reading this story, I thought the following. I feel like I have a rational, disciplined, boring mind, but when I read Jaid Black, she causes these fanciful, explosions of craziness in my head!

Data:
Story length: 60 pages. Swearing language: strong. Sexual language: strong/erotic. Number of sex scenes: 6. Estimated number of sex scene pages: 10. Setting: present day rural California and the planet Khan-Gor. Copyright: 2004. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

This short story is also published in the anthology Manaconda.

Other Books:
For a list of my reviews of other Jaid Black books, see my 5 star review of One Dark Night.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devilish Dot.