Andrea's Reviews > Plague

Plague by Victor Methos

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: amazon-freebies
Read from August 30 to 31, 2012

I seem to really be enjoying medical thrillers at the moment; this book was a real page turner. Unlike most other medical thrillers I have read, it got going very quickly, with intriguing characters and a gripping plot from the first chapter.

The writer is very skilled in his craft. He chose vocabulary that was easy to read, enabling you to speed through the pages, but without being overly simplistic, which would have made me enjoy the book less. The threat itself was described in a way that made it both plausible and terrifying, as was the situation it caused, with a total breakdown in society proving to be just as sinister as the plague itself.

I would, however, agree with the other reviewers who say that this novel seems to end very abruptly; I grew concerned as I reached the 90% complete mark and realised that about another quarter of a book would be needed to wrap the plot up satisfactorily for me. A lot of questions were left unanswered at the end, and the motives behind, and indeed what exactly, had gone on were still a mystery. If there is to be a sequel to this novel, fair enough, it will hopefully all be explained. If not, I will take this as a stand-alone action piece, a brilliant piece of writing explaining the event itself, rather than the nature of the beast behind it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plague.