Valora's Reviews > Maskerade

Maskerade by Terry Pratchett

Jan 20, 10

bookshelves: disc-world
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I'm half way through this one. Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg are in full force. I love these two old bitties...shhhh...but don't let Granny hear you call her a crone; she HATES that.

UPDATE: This book was lost in an unfortunate run-in with the cat and it had nothing to do with claws. I'm very sad that it was lost. My dearest friend, Lacy, gave it to me knowing how much I love Terry Pratchett. So now I must buy a new copy and plow forward.
ADDENDUM TO THE UPDATE: New and current copy purchased. I will now continue on where I left off. Cheers!

Reminiscent of the Phantom of the Opera, there is a Ghost living in the Ankh-Morpork Opera House and when people start dropping dead, it's up to Esme Weatherwax and Gytha Ogg to save the day and convince former Lancre resident and reluctant witch, Agnes Nitt, to come home and take the place of the third. Witches come in threes, don't ya know?

I never tire of Mr. Pratchett's novels. Each one is fabulously humorous and unique in its own right. What pleases me all the more is having familiar characters pop up at any given moment. Love it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maskerade.

12/08/2009 page 178
01/15/2010 page 214 "I really should be working right now, but I'm mucking about with my iTunes. :o)"
show 3 hidden updates…