Kala's Reviews > Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

6551949
Jan 01, 14

Read in December, 2012

Ok. Screw the US Attorney/FBI series, this is my new favorite Julie James book. I absolutely adored JD and Payton and their feud at work. Their back and forth antics were absolutely hilarious, especially the broken shoe in the courtroom scene (LOVE IT!!).

I've now read all of Julie James novels and I WANT MORE! She is absolutely brilliant at creating characters you can't help but fall in love with. Her heroines are all super smart, snarky, and independent. I have been reading a lot of YA stuff for the past year and I'm SO sick of the co-dependent weak heroines that are so prevalent in those books. YA authors - please read Julie James and see how to write a REAL romantic heroine who is attractive (and knows it!) and has brains!

The way this book ended was a little on the cheesy side, which I've come to expect from James, but I still loved it! Of course it has a happily ever after, but it kind of tied the bow a little too neatly (in my opinion). Even so, EXCELLENT book! I love it, I love it, I love it!

Please hurry up and write more novels Ms. James!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practice Makes Perfect.