Bill's Reviews > I'm Just Sayin'!: Three Deaths, Seven Husbands, and a Clone! My Life as a Daytime Diva

I'm Just Sayin'! by Kim Zimmer

Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: memoir, non-fiction, television
Read in June, 2012

Guiding Light was the first soap that got me hooked on the genre. Though by 2000 the stories got too far fetched and I had less and less time so stopped watching all together. Throughout the 2000s I would check it out from time to time, but never really could get back into it.

Kim Zimmer's Reva was the heart and the sole of the show throughout the 80s and part of the reason I'd turn in to watch day after day. Once the show was cancelled in 2009 Zimmer found a void in her life and decided to write her memoirs.

"I'm Just Sayin'!" is a no-holds-barred, shoot from the hip, out in the open tale. Starting with her early days in the business and going until GL's demise Zimmer takes you on a page turning ride that feels like you sitting down with the actress in an intimate one on one conversation. She's quite frank on her thoughts into just what/who was responsible for the cancellation of Guiding Light.

A good read for the general soap fan. A great read for the GL and Zimmer/Reva fan.

3 solid stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Just Sayin'!.